JANET WEEK

JANET WEEK
Janet known as best actress on WHY DID I GET MARRIED TOO?

Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lloyd set free with Interscope deal

Lloyd


Former Murder Inc singer Lloyd is free to wreak havoc on the charts and radio thanks to a new deal with Interscope Records !

Known best for the singles "You" and "Get It Shawty," Lloyd was close to signing a deal with Young Money/Cash Money but opted out due to Lil Wayne, Birdman, Drake and Jay Sean camp's affiliation with former distributor Universal/Motown.

'The problem is that Young Money/ Cash Money is exclusive to Universal/ Motown. As you and I know, that's where I did my last two albums," Lloyd told MTV last week. "I wasn't excited about going back. I tried to do a Young Money/ Cash Money deal through another distributor, but it couldn't be done. At the end of the day, I'm still family, though."

Kicking things off, Lloyd debuted a single titled "Set Me Free" Friday, March 12.

Featuring recently released Grammy nominated rapper, Mystikal, "Set Me Free" follows Lloyd's Young Money collaboration and chart-topping single "Bedrock".

While "Set Me Free" is currently in rotation on music related blogs, Lloyd is in no rush to release his next album.

"Signing with Interscope was just a small step," says Lloyd. "This year I'm really focused on a classic album and staying in the public eye with more guest features. I have a few surprise collaborations coming."

Since 2004, Lloyd has released three albums, including 2007's Gold-certified "Street Love". He has also worked with top Hip Hop recording stars, including Lil Wayne, Ja Rule, Rick Ross, Lil Scrappy, Young Money, Fabolous, Chamillionaire, and Ace Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment